- Read/Download Brothers in Exile (Sons of the Starf
- Download/Read The Walkers of Dembley (eBook)
- Download or Read The Rise of the Horned Rat (The E
- Download/Read Borrowed Bride (Harlequin Historical
- Read/Download A Wedding Story free pdf
- Read/Download The Night at the Museum ebook online
- Read or Download Christmas Holiday Fun ebook onlin
- Read/Download Snake Slayer ebook online free pdf
- Read or Download Step-Up to Medicine, North Americ
Total Visits: 325
Read or Download Step-Up to Medicine, North AmericRead or Download Step-Up to Medicine, North Americ
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.40(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.90(d)
Now thoroughly updated and revised, this best-selling volume in the popular Step-Up series provides a high-yield review of medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships or clinical rotations, shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2. Clinical pearls, full-color illustrations, and вЂњQuick HitsвЂќ provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner, perfect for medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students. Step-Up to Medicine, Fourth Edition delivers exactly what you need to knowвЂ”both for exam preparation and for practical use in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Content is thoroughly updated and revised, based on extensive research with faculty and students.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format, Quick Hits, and Clinical Pearls make this edition even more time-saving and practical.
- A new 100-question, clinically-oriented practice exam is a practical self-assessment tool to prepare for the questions you will face in clinical practice.
- Succinct, outline approach keeps вЂњextraвЂќ material to a minimum, focusing on the core content you need to know.
- Clinical pearls help you вЂњfile awayвЂќ clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Numerous charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate easy retention of essential material.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine, including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendices cover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
Purpose: It is designed to be used by third year medical students during their internal medicine clerkship as a study tool for the rotation and in preparation for the NBME shelf examination. There are few, if any, study aids that are extensive enough to cover the breadth of internal medicine, yet concise enough to be read in their entirety during the clinical rotation. In that sense, the authors have succeeded in creating a study tool that meets these objectives.
Audience: Although designed for third year medical students, the book could be a useful study tool for anyone wanting to quickly brush up on a topic, including fourth year medical students and medical school graduates preparing to start their internships. While the authors have provided relatively comprehensive and accurate information, neither of them was a medical school graduate when they wrote the book, and neither is engaged in a training program in internal medicine. Given their career choices of orthopedics and ophthalmology, I find them to be unlikely вЂ” though not necessarily unqualified вЂ”candidates for authors of a book on internal medicine.
Features: The book covers all major topics in internal medicine and is organized by organ system/specialty. It includes chapters on neurology and dermatology though these are not strictly internal medicine specialties. The final chapter on ambulatory medicine deals with common outpatient problems and presentations. The book uses a concise outline format, varied with tables, charts, and algorithms, and is effective in conveying the information. High-yield facts labeled "Quick Hits" that appear in the margins tend to be pertinent and likely fodder for "pimping" on rounds. A set of color plates is included. The appendix is a practical guide for interpreting various diagnostic tests such as x-rays and EKGs, and management of common inpatient issues including an extensive section on antibiotic selection. Because this information is seldom covered in a book and more often learned by osmosis during the clerkship, the appendix stands out as a valuable resource. Finally, the book includes 100 non-multiple choice practice cases, most of which ask the question, "What is the next step in management?" Answers are provided with a short discussion of each question.
Assessment: Overall, this is a valuable book and I would have found it useful during my internal medicine clerkship. The information is concise, yet complete, and focuses on the information that third year students need to know to fulfill their role. The information is extensive, but the book can easily be read during the clerkship. The outline format separates this from books such as those in the Blueprints series. For those who enjoy the outline format, this is a good choice.
where can i download Step-Up to Medicine, North American Edition free ebook pdf kindle online textbook epub electronic book Step-Up to Medicine, North American Edition full ebook review amazon ebay collections for android or mobile Step-Up to Medicine, North American Edition for iphone, ipad txt format version, file with page numbers You can also buy order purchase Step-Up to Medicine, North American Edition Kindle Edition with Audio Multimedia CD Video Hardcover New or used, Mass market paperback, cheap Audiobook price